"For what its worth, its never to late nor in my case too early to be whoverer you wanna be; there is no time limit. Stop whenever you want; you can change or stay the same.There are no rules to these things, we can make the best or the worst of it; I hope you make the best of it. But I hope you see things that startle you, I hope you feel things you never felt before, I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you are proud of and if you find you are not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again." - Benjamin Button
"Life can only be understood backward; it must be lived forward"-The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
The truth is, part of me is every age. I delight in being a child when it's appropriate to be a child. I delight in being a wise old man when it's appropriate to be a wise old man. Think all I can be! I am every age, upto my own.
-Morrie Schwartz
Beneath this mask there is more than flesh and bones. Beneath this mask there is an idea and ideas are bulletproof.- V
We are told to remember the idea, not the man. Because a man can fail. He can be caught. He can be killed and forgotten. But four hundred years later an idea can still change the world. I've witnessed firsthand the power of ideas. I've seen people kill in the name of them; and die defending them. But you cannot touch an idea, cannot hold it or kiss it. An idea does not bleed, it cannot feel pain, and it does not love. -Evey Hammond
I think crime pays. The hours are good, you meet a lot of interesting people, you travel a lot. -Woody Allen
I was thrown out of college for cheating on the metaphysics exam; I looked into the soul of the boy sitting next to me. -Woody Allen
I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse. -The Godfather
No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world.
But only in their dreams can men be truly free. Twas always thus, and always thus will be.
Before the beginning of great brilliance, there must be chaos.- I Ching
Throughout the centuries there were men who took first steps down new roads armed with nothing but their own vision.- Ayn Rand
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.-DJ Pshahs's Slam Book
Idealism detached from action is just a dream, but Idealism allied with pragmatism with rolling up the sleeves and making the world bend a bit is very exciting, is very real, is very strong and is very present.-Bono at TED 2005
I wish that i were sine square and you were cosine square...together we wud always be 1 :P -A geek's idea of proposing
Ah, my birthday. Normally I'd put on a festive hat and celebrate the fact that the Earth has circled the Sun one more time; I really didn't think it was going to make it this year, but darn it if it wasn't the little planet that could all over again.-Dr. Gregory House
You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something — your gut, destiny, life, karma,whatever. -Steve Jobs
If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you'll most certainly be right.-Steve Jobs
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present. - Master Oogway from 'Kung Fu Panda'
Brick walls are there for a reason. They're not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something.-Randy Pausch.
It's easy to look smart when your parroting smart people- Randy Pausch (Having said that, how smart am I now? :P)
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there -Lewis Carroll
"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished, as the once vital voice of the verisimilitude now venerates what they once vilified. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis-à-vis an introduction, and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V."-V
"Bob, there is no school to learn to be president either!!" Robert F. Kennedy to Robert McNamara(then president of Ford) who 1st turned down the post of Treasurer Secretary & then the offer of Secretary of Defense citing the reason that he wasn't qualified enough.
"Why are you telling him not to melt under freaking peer pressure!"-Abhi
Few will have the greatness to bend history itself; but each of us can work to change a small portion of events, and in the total; of all those acts will be written the history of this generation.-Robert Kennedy
Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.-Robert Kennedy
There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?-Robert Kennedy
Tragedy is a tool for the living to gain wisdom, not a guide by which to live.-Robert Kennedy
First is the danger of futility; the belief there is nothing one man or one woman can do against the enormous array of the world's ills -- against misery, against ignorance, or injustice and violence. Yet many of the world's great movements, of thought and action, have flowed from the work of a single man. A young monk began the Protestant reformation, a young general extended an empire from Macedonia to the borders of the earth, and a young woman reclaimed the territory of France. It was a young Italian explorer who discovered the New World, and 32-year-old Thomas Jefferson who proclaimed that all men are created equal. "Give me a place to stand," said Archimedes, "and I will move the world." These men moved the world, and so can we all.-Robert Kennedy
[Gross national product] measures everything, in short, except that which makes life worthwhile.-Robert Kennedy
“Whoever controls the media, controls the mind”-Jim Morrison
"We shall not cease from exploring and at the end of our exploration, we will return to where we started and know the place for the first time."-T S Eliot
“The trouble with the rat-race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.”-Lily Tomlin
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." -Michael Jordan
"Itni shidaat se main tumhe paane ki koshish ki hai,
hi har zaare ne mujhe tumse milane ki saazish ki hai.
Kehte hain ki ....Agar kisi cheez ko dil se chaaho to
puri kayanat usey tumse milane ki koshish mein lag jaati hai."- Om from 'Om Shanti Om'
"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love!"
"It is easy to be judgmental, but the problem with life is that we do not live in hindsight, we live in the present"
"We are putting cash in the hands of people who privatize the profits and nationalize the losses"-The Daily Show
"I am out here for you. You don't know what it's like to be ME out here for YOU. It is an up-at-dawn, pride-swallowing siege that I will never fully tell you about, ok?Help me... help you. Help me, help you."- Jerry Maguire
"But if anybody else wants to come with me, this moment will be the ground floor of something real and fun and inspiring and true in this godforsaken business and we will do it together! Who's coming with me besides...”Flipper" here? "-Jerry Maguire
"I was standing in the park wondering why frisbees got bigger as they got closer and then it hit me"
"President Josiah "Jed" Bartlet: Can I tell you what's messed up about James Bond?
Charlie Young: Nothing.
President Josiah "Jed" Bartlet: Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice.
James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it." ~ The West Wing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment